Juglo is a virtual marketplace based in Scotland, UK. Our vision encompasses us to broaden our horizons and serve our customers, sellers, and stakeholders with everything that complies with the rules and regulations of the United Kingdom.
As a socially and ethically responsible marketplace, we recognize the need for creating policies and laws to scrutinize and manage any harmful circumstances that may put workers at the risk of enforced labor.
POLICIES AND STANDARDS
Juglo follows a strict code of conduct, which by extension also applies to its employees. The code of conduct states that the employees must act responsibly and ethically – and always in the light of Juglo’s best interests.
Juglo resents and condemns modern slavery and is strictly against forced labor, slavery and trafficking. The Supplier Code of Conduct by Juglo underlines the following points:
- Employees must not be forced into labor, slavery, human trafficking or work prison.
- Our suppliers must not be involved in any form of trafficking, abduction, fraud or threat. Their workers must be free to work and must not be forced into employment.
- Each worker should be provided with a clear contract stating their terms of hiring. The worker must abide by those conditions after carefully evaluating their own free-will.
- No kind of personal identification or document should be confiscated in exchange for the job contract. It is not allowed to hold any sort of government-issued identification document to prove the alliance to the company.
- Employees must be trained in a language that is understandable for them. The contract must be translated in the same language or it is important to have a third-party which will be responsible for the translation. It is important that the same be mentioned in the contract.
- There will be no payment or any kind of fee for recruitment. The salary should be disclosed to Juglo and should not be less than the minimum wage of the country.
- The Supplier Code of Conduct should be adhered to by all parties concerned.
RISK ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION
Juglo acknowledges the fact that the application of the Supplier Code of Conduct can not be the solitary solution to modern slavery and forced labor. The careful evaluation of recruitment processes and employee supervision and active involvement will make a difference to the cause. Juglo will make sure to evaluate the sellers which are based in countries with a high risk of modern slavery to be a responsible workplace.
Juglo keeps up regular quality checks and supplier/service assessments that are necessary to identify and address issues between manufacturers and suppliers. The check-ups and assessments are conducted periodically (frequently if necessary). Juglo may stop working with certain suppliers or cancel their contract if they breach the Supplier Code.
- Monitoring or inspection of the site.
- Study and inquiries regarding documents and/or contracts that may include identification and license.
- Look for areas of improvement and compliance issues that can be resolved. This includes worker's compensation, workplace conditions, and worker's insurance.
- Private interviews and questions in confidence regarding pressing inquiries and otherwise.
Juglo takes these assessments sincerely and once conducted, the results and findings are used to implement plans for improvement and relevant important decisions.
ASSESSMENTS OF EFFECTIVENESS
Before taking on a supplier to sell or manufacture products under Juglo’s name, the necessary requirement must be met. The supplier should be aware and in agreement with the Supplier Code of Conduct. Any history with non-compliance with the Code can be looked upon to resolve. However, until that is under-way – there's no partnership formed.
The company/supplier must prove the absence of any kind of modern slavery or forced labor in the workforce and facility. In the event that the above requirements are met, only then does Juglo allow the alliance to be confirmed.
MANAGEMENT TRAINING AND SUPPORT
Juglo offers management training and helps in understanding the terms and policies of the company. The suppliers are encouraged to come forward with any concerns but most of all are open to attend formal training that includes understanding the Supplier Code of Conduct correctly so that there is no compromise in the inhibition and prevention of forced labor.
Juglo offers these personnel training on-site as well as remotely. The ultimate goal is to educate and make aware of the necessary guidelines that Juglo abides by. Compliance with these rules and codes of conduct will ensure growth and improvement for both parties.
This statement was approved by the CEO of Juglo.com and is based on activities performed by the Juglo UK entity.
Careful measures are taken to make sure these policies are adhered to. For more information please visit the website.